Friday, April 5, 2013

Sometimes You Get a Red Calf

I was out at Prairie Momma Trish's today.  I always come back with good things to write about.  At least I think I do....

Sometimes life doesn't go at all the way we plan!  Lately my life has been just like that.  While I would much rather it was not as upside down as it is, I realize that blessings almost always come out of tough experiences.  Some things that come to us as a struggle can actually be blessing in disguise.

 One of Trish's lovely black heifers was bred to a very nice, registered, black Angus bull.  Trish's black cows always have black calves. That's what they're supposed to do.  Yesterday, Trish got a surprise! Meet "Latte"....


He is a beautiful little bull calf, perfect in every way.  But he's red.  The one and only red calf on the place.  With his breeding he was practically guaranteed to be black.  But he's red as red, with a little pink nose.  But Trish is happy.  He's a healthy calf and pretty as can be.  He's just not what was expected.

With life throwing curve balls at me right and left, I decided to pretty much chill out today.  But the boys got restless and I needed to change my chill out plan.  So we went to Trish's and had way more fun than we have any where else.
 
The chutes became a jungle gym....
 
 
The pea grinder became a sensory play station....
 
 
And the old tractor was the most fun ever!
 
 
 
 
 
And just for fun, here's an update on Charlie.  He's doing fantastic and now gets to go out in the field!
 
 
 
Bye for now,
B

1 comment:

  1. That red calf is something else! As are those adorable red head boys. Hope you are doing okay over there on the other side of the fort.

    ReplyDelete