Friday, November 11, 2011

11/11/11

Tonight there was a dinner held at the V.F.W. hall for all who wished to attend.  I decided it would be very nice to go down at meet as many of the local folks as possible.  It's funny how now that I know I have precious, twin boys to help me break the ice, I'm not as shy as I once was.  It turns out I didn't really need an ice-breaker.  We walked into a warm, welcoming place that smelled of homemade pumpkin pie, coffee and floor wax.  Within seconds we were approached and several hands were shaken.  My mom and I explained that we were the ones that were moving into "the yellow house".  All were understanding when told of my husband's work in North Dakota that keeps him away much of the time.  People here understand that sometimes you have to do whatever it takes to get by....

Tonight the room was much less full than the lovely ladies who cooked had anticipated.  About 20 people in all left many empty seats.  But no one was disappointed at the small turn out.  I was told that "almost the whole town" is in Bozeman tonight watching our Geraldine Girls Volleyball team play in the state championships. 

The wind was calm as evening required we get the babies home and tucked into their beds.  A lovely warm night, with warm people in Geraldine....

No comments:

Post a Comment