Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Reassurance

Almost daily, God shows me another reason that we are here.  Sunday morning was one of those times He made it clear for me.  I went to meeting (church) with my mom instead of attending a church in Fort Benton or staying home and watching the dvd that our church in Laurel sends for us so we can stay connected. (I love that they send those!)   After meeting we were invited to stay for lunch with our relatives that host the meetings.

When I was growing up in Cascade we would drive to Great Falls every Sunday for gospel meeting.  My mom's aunts, uncles and cousins were always there and their children were a regular part of my life.  Their families are some of the most God fearing, salt of the earth people I know.  Moving away to Seattle caused us to lose touch with those families.  Until now.  Returning to this area has allowed us to reconnect with family that we are blessed to have.  My children can now grow and play with the children of my cousins.

I find it interesting that I am not the only one to recently return from elsewhere.  It seems they have also felt a calling to return to a more simple, authentic life for their children after spending years outside of Montana.  We have seen what the rest of the world has to offer and have chosen to be apart from it.

There, sharing Sunday dinner with my family, on a farm in the middle of an empty prairie, God once again whispered reassurance.

1 comment:

  1. This melts my heart! It is so great to reconnect with you. Let's do it often. I'm off to read more!

    ReplyDelete