Thursday, May 16, 2013

A Farm Tour

Most of you, dear readers, won't get to actually visit my little piece of heaven.  So as I was walking around the place today, I saw some things I could share with you right here in this blog.  We have only been here about a month or so.  In that time we have been going a hundred miles an hour every day, all day long, to get things up and running the way we want them.  But!  I haven't forgotten how important it is to do the little things that make a farm feel like a home.  Little things here and there can make the difference between being happy to walk up the front steps, or not.




This is now what greets us on our front steps. I found this ancient hay bale picker upper thing (technical term!) down in the farm yard. I think it's neat behind the flowers!


T

The back deck has fresh chives, just waiting to be snipped into salads!
 
 

 
A place to sit and watch the kids play....

 
 

 
The lilac hedges around the farm are starting to bloom.... Can't you just smell them? These white ones are amazing!
 
 

 
 
This tired old bucket was laying down by the grain bins. I think it's happier with it's new job!
 
 
 
I'll leave you with this quick shot of the "girls".  I guess there is always gold at the end of a rainbow!
 
 
It was fun sharing a few special little things with you.  Don't forget to take the time to make some things beautiful in your life. No matter how busy things are....
 
Bye for now,
B

1 comment: