Monday, June 17, 2013

The Things That Are Important

 
My body is angry.  I was in the hospital over the weekend with some pretty serious health issues.  I won't bore you with the details.  But it is one of those situations that makes you stop and think. And pray.  There is absolutely nothing like staring at your own mortality to make you realize the things that are important. (If I take good care of myself I should be just fine, so don't worry just yet.)

Love becomes more real and raw.  You want the people that mean the most to you to know down into their bones how much you love them.  I love my babies so much it hurts.  Down to their precious, pink baby toes. When I say "babies" I mean all of them. Today my "big boy" is my baby too. Tonight I snuck in while they were sleeping to inhale their innocence.  I'm so grateful for my dear friends (ya'll know who you are) and my family that I can't even put it into words....

 
Today it felt like it was impossible to ignore the beauty that God put before us.  I'm grateful to have the opportunity to really see and feel what matters and what doesn't.  Today I remembered to open my eyes and slow down. 
 
 
 
Tonight's sunset.


 



 Some of the beauty in my yard.


So take a moment, just because, and look around.... 

 What are you most grateful for right now?




Bye for now,
B
 


No comments:

Post a Comment