Monday, October 7, 2013

Are Ya Lost?



The first time I came to Geraldine was to look at the little yellow house and mobile home that were for sale.  I found the ad on Craigslist for the cute, little house in a cute, little town and it also had a cute, little price.  So I had to come and see...

After looking at the house and trailer for about thirty minutes, it was decided I should go to the local feed store to inquire about a place to board my horses.  I could not move here if I didn't find a place for my four legged "babies". Perry is the owner of the feed store, the mayor and looks like he just stepped off his horse after filming a Marlboro commercial.  He would know who might board them for me....

Just as soon as I walked into his store, a older gentleman with white hair, glasses and obvious "farmer" attire, said to me, "Are ya lost?" 

"No," I said. "I'm actually here on purpose! Can you believe it?!"  I smiled my friendliest smile at the farmer and Perry. "Oh....." said the farmer. "You're the gal that's lookin' at the Bronec house."  Which of course, I was.   "Ya got any kids?  The school needs kids!"  He was glad to hear about my three sons.  Keep in mind I had only been in town for thirty minutes or so and had spoken to no one except the couple that was selling the house!  That's how fast word travels around here!

Fast forward two years....

Prairie Granny was pulling into town on the road in front of the grain elevators the other morning.  Off on the side of the road at the intersection was a guy who obviously wasn't from around here.  He was a very distinguished looking gentleman with a bright.... yellow....Ferrari....  Granny just couldn't resist....

She pulled up beside him, rolled down her pickup window and asked, "Are ya lost?"....





Bye for now,

B

1 comment:

  1. HA!!!! Love it. Tell prairie granny hello from us and see you tomorrow at the last game of the season. Gotta love small town life. :)

    ReplyDelete