Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Autumn in Geraldine

 
I love, love, love this time of year! I always feel that I have the most energy in the fall.  Many of us are inspired by the dawn of Spring.  It encourages us to throw open our windows and get into freshening everything up.  For me that feeling always hits in the fall.  I get the itch to cook yummy things, spruce up tired rooms in my home and decorate with the beautiful things the good Lord gives us at harvest time.


 
The slant of light is always different in the fall.  Sunlight seems richer and the shadows are deeper....
 
 

 
A few leftovers are allowed to stay in the garden beds.  Just because they are too beautiful to toss to the piggies....


 
The dirt roads are perfect now for meditative walks....
 

 
Geraldine is brimming with apples in October.  It seems almost every yard has a tree and the streets are littered with them.  Hired man Jim gathers them for my piggies and for my table.
 

 
The boys adore being able to romp outside without being subdued by the heat of summer. Their momma does too....
 
 

 
Thanks for visiting  my little piece of heaven....
 
 
 
Bye for now,
B

2 comments: