Saturday, October 19, 2013

Dining Room Exposed

 It's been really fun for me to go back and look at the way my house has changed over the past six months.  I have had a request or two in the past to show more of what my home is like and I like how this little tour had come about.  So today I'll show you a dining room before and after....

 
This room had a dark, rust color on the walls prior to this photo being taken.  The "befores" were almost forgotten!  But you can see the not so lovely light fixture that came down about five minutes after I took the photo.  The barn wood wainscoting was done by the previous owners and it's gorgeous.  But the rust paint color seemed make it blend into the walls.  The color I chose to use in the dining room and kitchen is Behr White Truffle.  I usually don't gravitate towards white.  Like ever.  But this color has a touch of  "greige" and makes the wainscoting and knotted pine ceiling pop.
 

The only things in this room I had to purchase were the light fixture and the Farming Traditions artwork.  I saved money on the fixture by buying one from the "commercial lighting" section at Home Depot.  It saved me about a hundred dollars!  The color and style worked great too! The table was handed down to me by my step-mom.  Her Dad made it by hand for her in 1975 and she gave it to me 12 years ago. One of the chairs came with the table and the Windsor was a Christmas gift from my mom.  A can a black spray paint made them "match".


The little, antique wooden high chair was a gift from one of my mom's "Ya-Ya sisters".  Her husband had refurbished it and it is the perfect thing for the corner of the room.  The art on the wall is a Paul Cameron Smith print my mom gave me the Christmas of 1998.  It's hung in every home I've had since then....

 
 
 

These old sheep shears were laying in the dirt down by the barn.  I loved them and immediately gave them a scrub and a place in the wall.  The stamp says "Burgon and Ball" and "made in England".  I don't know how old they are, but I'm thinking they're pretty dang old and that works for me!

 
I really love the vaulted, pine ceiling in here.  The dining room really had a lot going for it and it was really fun to add my touches to it.



  Hope you are enjoying the tour of my little farmhouse....  We're headed out to start the day.
 
Bye for now,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment