Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Hunter's Hideout Update

Remember the little project Prairie Granny, Hired Man Jim and I have been working on?  We have been turning the old grain crib into a cozy bunkhouse for visitors, guests or hunters to have a place to stay.  Geraldine is so limited in places for anyone from out of town to stay and I have always enjoyed having guests.  I think it is a very fun addition to the farm.... Remember what we started with?


The living area before.

The "bedroom" before.
 Now it is furnished with comfy, cozy refurbished, repurposed and hand made items.  I want it to feel like a cabin in the woods.....even though we're on the prairie.



I hung the curtains on a tree branch.  I might need to find one that is a little more straight though....



 Hired Man Jim and Prairie Granny custom built the bunk beds so they are "adult sized".


 
Staying in the bunkhouse is meant to feel like "Glamping" more than staying at a motel....
 
 
 
The only things in this room I had to buy were the really cute antler lamp, the burlap coffee sack and the duck on the shelf.  Special thanks to Prairie Momma Trish for donating the awesome couch! It is perfect! Now I think I need to have my girls all out here for a slumber party....



Bye for now,
B

1 comment: