Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A Winter Walk

This morning a little storm blew in.  It started snowing hard.  But the wind had kindly stopped blowing and the temperature stayed right around freezing.  Not any of that below zero stuff we often get at the end of January. 



I decided it was actually quite a nice day, in spite of the little blizzard going on.  So in effort to get a little exercise, I chose to walk around the farm to get my chores done.  Normally I have to drive something that can haul hay this time of year.  But there is a little extra stacked up in the barn so I didn't have to haul any today. Perfect day for a winter walk....



Today's snow is very heavy and wet.  It feels much like a Spring storm.  The girls almost seem to enjoy this weather.



Mudflap is not amused.... but he is never amused.



The calves were happy to see me put out their bales of lunch so they could stop rooting around in the snow covered grass.



The ponies are loafing in their shed....



The chores are done, the gate is closed and it's time for a cup of tea.....

Bye for now,
PB

Today I joined the Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop! Check it out for more fun!
http://www.deborahjeansdandelionhouse.blogspot.com/2014/01/farmgirl-friday-blog-hop-143.html

No comments:

Post a Comment